Why Choose Us? #2
Why Choose GolfBallNut?
Not only do we strive to provide the best quality used recycled and refinished golf balls in the business at the lowest prices, we strive to offer the best grading scale, discounts and incentives, and return policy in the industry.
See the links below to learn more.
Why Recycled/Refinished Golf Balls?
There are 3 clear reasons to use recycled/refinished golf balls: #1- You simply will not notice the difference. According to a study by GolfBallTest.org, there is virtually no difference between balls that have been recycled/refinished and brand new ones. This includes balls that have been submerged in water. #2 - Cost, you will save cash switching to recycled/refinished balls – sometimes half price or more over new balls of the same brand or type. #3 Go Green! for the environment. Golfers lose an estimated 300 million golf balls annually in the U.S. alone. Using recycled/refinished golf balls will help curb the amount of balls left out in our environment and reduce the amount of materials needed to manufacture the same amount of new balls.
- Save up to 75% off retail prices!
- Choose from the highest quality brands!
Lost Golf Balls
Golf balls are shipped to our processing center in Virginia after being retrieved from golf courses across the country. Over 300 million golf balls are lost in the US annually.
The golf balls are are scrubbed and washed to remove any dirt and debris. They are then dried, inspected by hand, and sorted by brand and model from mint condition down to shag balls. High end balls that have surface imperfections are then culled for the refinishing cycle. A mechanical wet blast carefully removes the original paint and finish from the balls, leaving the original surface to be re-coated, printed, and then re-clear coated. Every refinished golf ball is hand inspected for quality and consistency before packaging and shipping, and is marked with a Refinished logo to distinguish it from a recycled ball.
Are Used Golf Balls Water-Logged?
Not modern golf balls. Modern golf balls are made of various types of plastic, so they don’t absorb water. Older type of wound balls, pre 2000, can be water-logged if the outer cover is broken, allowing the water in. Balls in this condition would never make it to the consumer market, rather they would be broken down and sent to plastic recyclers.
Is There A Difference In Performance?
Little to none. Outside of cosmetics, the balls in all the various grades tested against new golf balls right out the package show only a very minimal loss, in fact a statistically insignificant loss of carry distance. GolfBallNut tested our Refinished balls with a consistent mechanical driver, the Iron Byron. The results showed that our Refinished golf balls fly as far or further than ordinary rewashed/recycled golf balls of the type sold by us and many of our competitors. The average golfer would not be able to duplicate the swing with any consistency to attain these averages over many shots, this loss of carry distance form 1-5 yards is absolutely minimal when you take into account all the other factors that come into play when you swing a club, such as plane of club, follow through, back swing, in/out or out/in, weight shift, lie etc.
Sold at Low Prices
The balls are then sorted into make and model and are ready for packaging and shipping upon order being received. This enables GolfBallNut to provide these balls at a fraction of the price of new.
After finding and restoring the golf balls, we inspect and grade each ball.
MINT RECYCLED GOLF BALLS:
- Appear almost brand new.
- Very little to no wear present.
- Slight player markings (dots, small lines, etc.) may be present.
- Logos may be present.
MINT REFINISHED GOLF BALLS:
- Appear brand new (with small Refinished by Links Choice stamp).
- Refurbished via stripping, painting, stamping, & clear-coating used golf balls.
- Best value for fraction of the price brand new, while still performing similarly.
NEAR MINT RECYCLED GOLF BALLS:
- Appear like a ball that has been played for a hole or two.
- Will show signs of slight wear. These can include, but are not limited to: slight cosmetic defects, small cover scratch, slight discoloration. Blemishes will not affect play-ability of the ball.
- May contain larger player markings than Mint.
- May contain logos.
AAA RECYCLED GOLF BALLS:
- Will show signs of wear. These will appear visibly used.
- No cut balls are present, but balls with small scuffs, scratches, discoloration, visible cosmetic defects, etc. are present.
- Will contain large player markings.
- May contain logos.